One of my favorite ingredients for cakes is lemon, so these cupcakes are imbued with the taste and smell of fresh lemon. Along with lemon, there are poppy seeds, white chocolate and mascarpone cheese that make this cookie even better. All you have to do is bake a batch of muffins, cut out the middle and fill it with lemon curd, then top with white chocolate cream and a little more curd. As part of the recipe, there are also instructions for preparing lemon curd, it’s a silky cream that you can use in other desserts or, like me, eat a little on a spoon..
Recipe for 12 cupcakes:
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of half a lemon
- 250 g of flour
- 6 g baking powder (half a packet)
- 200 g of sugar
- 100 g of butter
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- A pinch of salt
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt), and in another bowl, massage the lemon zest into the sugar by rubbing it with your fingers.
- Then mix the melted butter into the sugar and add the eggs, lemon juice, vanilla extract, milk and Greek yogurt. Finally, mix in the dry ingredients and poppy seeds.
- Fill the muffin baskets ¾ full with the mixture and bake them for 5 minutes in a preheated oven at 220ºC, then reduce the temperature to 190ºC and bake for another 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Cool the muffins well before filling.
- Make a hole in the middle of the muffin and fill it with lemon cream, make a white chocolate border and fill the middle with lemon cream.
- 2 eggs
- 80 g of sugar
- 1 lemon sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 50 g of butter
- Mix eggs, sugar and lemon sugar.
- Then transfer the mixture to the pot in which you will cook the cream, also add lemon juice and zest and butter.
- Cook the curd over medium heat until you reach the desired consistency. The best way to check this is to put some curd on a spoon. run your finger along the middle, if the curd does not connect, but the line is still visible, it is thick enough.
- Transfer the curd to sterilized jars and leave to cool for a few hours.
- 74 / 5.000
- Rezultati prijevoda
- Rezultat prijevoda
- 250 g of mascarpone cheese 100 g of white chocolate 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate and mix it with mascarpone cheese and add vanilla extract.